How Your Support Helps
elp us reach our goal of $10,000 which will enable us to establish a new Vision-Aid center in an under-served region this year!
What your donation helps us do:
- $25 will enable a a patient with low vision to get a low vision screening and optical assistive devices.
- $25 will enable a blind student to get training in Orientation and Mobility.
- $50 will provide a portable electronic magnifier to a low vision student.
- $50 will provide a blind person with an electronic assistive device, helping them become more mobile and independent.
- $150 will educate a blind or low vision person with a certificate course in Introduction to Computers.
- $500 will provide 6 months comprehensive and individualized education leading to a Diploma in Computer Applications.
- $1000 will provide a full residential scholarship for a Vision Impaired student which includes full coverage of their board and lodging, training and devices for the duration of the 6-month scholarshp. Training includes English, Computers, Mobile Technologies and Coaching for Competitive Exams.
- $5000 will enable publication of a completely new course on the Vision-Aid Online Academy.
- $10000 will help us establish a "named" scholarship in honor of your loved one, which will benefit ten visually impaired youth with a 6-month fully-paid, residential program that will change their lives
- $10,000/year will help us establish a primary-level Vision-Aid resource center which offers a core set of services from the Vision-Aid model.
- $25,000/year will help us establish a secondary-level Vision-Aid resource center which offers an expanded set of services from the Vision-Aid model.
- $50,000/year will help us establish a tertiary-level Vision-Aid resource center which offers the complete set of services from the Vision-Aid model.
Vision-Aid programs are offered free of cost to the needy, and at very nominal, subsidized rates to affording students. The low cost of our programs is made possible in large part due to the dedicated service of our volunteers on the ground, many of whom work for nominal or no remuneration. Our programs have a transformative effect, enabling, educating and empowering the visually impaired to live with independence and dignity.